The Weald of Kent, Surrey and Sussex
Enlarge
South View of Tonbridge Priory by Samuel & Nathaniel Buck - 1735
Source: Private collection
NextPrevious
South View of Tonbridge Priory - 1735

This Priory was founded by Richard de Clare, Earl of Brionie and Hertford on a Tract of Land (given by William Rufus) called the Lowry of Tunbridge for Black Canons Dedicated to St. Mary Magdalen: He also endowed it with certain Rents, the feeding of one hundred and twenty Hogs yearly in the Forest of Tonebrigge, and one Buck at the Feast of St. Mary Magdalen. Annual Value £169. 10. 3
More about
Tonbridge Priory



 

Tonbridge Picture Gallery




























 

The Weald is at  Database version 11.3 which has ongoing updates to the 375,865 people; 9,000 places; 613 maps; 3,308 pictures, engravings and photographs; and 242 books loaded in the previous version

Fasthosts web site  
ODNB  
British Libarary  
High Weald  
Sussex Family History Group  
Sussex Record Society  
Sussex Archaeological Society  
Kent Archaeological Society  
Mid Kent Marriages  
Ancestry  
Genes Reunited  
International Genealogical Index  
National Archives  

Top
of the
page