The Weald of Kent, Surrey and Sussex
1861 Mayfield Census
Reference RG9/574: Rotherfield Enumeration District No 11
Part of the Parish of Mayfield commencing at Butcher's Cross Gate, by the Turnpike Road to the new Church at Hadlow Down taking the North and North West side of the Road to the boundary of the Parish at Little Forge still keeping the boundary to Brick House Hill and Stone Mill including all the Cottages from Huggetts Furnace to Butcher's Cross Gate, also Stone, Pig Foot, Brickyard, Skippers Hill, Hadlow House and Little and Great Broad Reeds Farm
Enumerator: John Weston
Please note:
  • These census records have been transcribed from images of the original census sheets. Whilst all care has been taken, the result is an interpretation of the original which is available at Local Record Offices, from The National Archives, and from ancestry.co.uk
  • Occupation has been unified (e.g. Ag Lab, Farm Lab, and many other such recordings are all displayed as Farm labourer).
  • The Sheet Number is as shown on the original document and is linked to a page showing all the entries on that Sheet (as well as entries from the following or previous sheet where the entry for the location covers more than one sheet).
  • In those instances where the Census entry is incorrect or missing and it has been possible from other sources to derive a correction, then these changes are shown inside square brackets, e.g. [Wife]
 
Sheet    Place    Census entry
No records found

The Weald is at  Database version 14.05 which has ongoing updates to the 395,000 people; 9,000 places; 613 maps; 3,308 pictures, engravings and photographs; and 248 books loaded in the previous version

ODNB  
British Libarary  
High Weald  
Sussex Record Society  
Sussex Archaeological Society  
Kent Archaeological Society  
Mid Kent Marriages  
Ancestry  
Genes Reunited  
International Genealogical Index  
National Archives