Mousehall Mill Withyham Village Withyham |
Books and other documents | |
Published | Title, author and references |
1902 | Historical Notes of Withyham, Hartfield and Ashdown Forest by C. N. Sutton ⇒ p. 119 |
1931 | Wealden Iron by Ernest Straker ⇒ p. 253 |
Historical records | |||||
c 1597 | ![]() | Part of the maps produced in 1597 in the Buckhurst Terrier | Mousehall Mill | ||
31st Mar 1597 | Leaseholder (21 yrs) | John Bulman | Mousehall Mill | Buckhurst Terrier | |
John Bulman, yeoman, holds by indenture the water mill called Mousehall Mill, including the dwelling house with the mill, etc., and a parcel of meadow adjoining the said mill, in all 3 acres. Rent £10 and 2 fat capons alive on 20th November | |||||
1782 | Occupation Tenant | John Camfield | Withyham Mill | Sutton's Historical Notes | |
1788 | Occupation Tenant | Peter Everest | Withyham Mill | Sutton's Historical Notes | |
c 1795 | ![]() | Part of the 1 inch to 1 mile map of Sussex produced in 1795 by William Gardner and Thomas Gream | Mill | ||
1798 | Occupation Tenant | Mrs Everest | Withyham Mill | Sutton's Historical Notes | |
1838 | Occupation Tenant | Alfred Hall | Withyham Mill | Sutton's Historical Notes | |
1838 | Occupation Tenant | Thomas Caffyn | Withyham Mill | Sutton's Historical Notes | |
c 1875 | ![]() | Part of the 6 inch to 1 mile map of Sussex produced in 1875 by Ordnance Survey | Corn Mill |
The Weald is at Database version 14.05 which has ongoing updates to the 395,000 people; 9,000 places; 613 maps; 3,308 pictures, engravings and photographs; and 248 books loaded in the previous version